The 2022 Digiday Awards winners illustrated how companies are navigating innovative technologies and taking a stand for inclusivity. Many of this year’s entrants and subsequent winners are also partnering with charities on large-scale initiatives and experimenting with new tactics for Gen Z.
Inclusivity was at the heart of why the judges, for example, recognized Havas Atlanta and The Coca-Cola Company this year. The partnership won Best Use of Influencer Marketing with a campaign to bridge the pay equity gap for BIPOC creators. Havas Atlanta and Coca-Cola contracted 20 BIPOC creators as part of the #ShareTheMagic TikTok challenge. While in 2021, TikTok creators of color were earning approximately 1/10th of the compensation of their non-BIPOC counterparts, the contracted creators were paid equitably for their contributions. To date, #ShareTheMagic has more than 11.9 billion views, and Coca-Cola’s TikTok handle has grown by 71%.
Edelman earned a win for Best PR Campaign for the launch of ‘Cerving Confidence,’ a collaboration between the national nonprofit Black Women’s Health Imperative (BWHI) and Hologic, Inc., a medical technology company primarily focused on women’s health. The campaign encourages Black women to commit to their well-woman exams as part of self-care and to protect themselves against cervical cancer. Grammy Award winner Ciara was chosen to launch the campaign with a PSA video, which has received more than 24 million views on Instagram. A social media organic lift survey conducted with Black women also found a 12-point lift in those who were “very likely” to ask a friend or family member to schedule their well-woman exam or Pap test.
For Most Innovative Brand, a grand-prix category, Tropicana claimed the award for its success in pushing creative boundaries and continually modernizing the brand. It was one of 14 brands to land a spot on TikTok’s 2021 Culture Driver’s List, demonstrating the power of cultural relevance to catalyze business performance by driving a significant lift in ad recall and awareness. In the spirit of innovation, Tropicana released its own limited-edition toothpaste that doesn’t ruin the taste of orange juice. The product’s strong social performance and positive consumer sentiment highlighted an encouraging consumer response to the company’s millennial-focused marketing strategy.
Explore all the 2022 Digiday Awards winners below — including a quick rundown of the programs and insights into why they won and what marketing teams can learn from them.
Download the complete guide here.
Full DA winners list below:
Best Audio Campaign
- Bloomberg Media Studios x PGIM – The OUTThinking Investor Podcast
Best Branding Campaign B2B
Best Branding Campaign B2C
- Lil Jif – Publicis New York/Zenith/PSOne
- VICE TV, adidas, MediaCom & Religion of Sports-Running While Black
- Vaseline – “See My Skin”
Best Experiential Campaign
- Edelman & eBay – Wear Em Out Store
- Paramount+: Brand. Giant Spoon was the agency behind the stunt, while Sky Elements provided the drones and Drone Dudes handled content capture.
Best Gaming/Esports Campaign
- American Eagle, Anzu, and Livetopia – Making The ‘AE Members Always Club’ in Roblox
Best Metaverse Marketing Campaign
- Enthusiast Gaming, Mediacom and Adidas – Ozworld Fortnite Map
Best Multi-Platform Campaign
- Carmichael Lynch & H&R Block – A Fair Shot
Best Organic Marketing Campaign
- theSkimm’s #ShowUsYourLeave Movement
Best PR Campaign
- Black Women’s Health Imperative and Hologic’s Project Health Equality – Launch of Cerving Confidence to Protect Black Women’s Cervical Health
Best Product Launch Campaign
- ŌURA Health – Gucci x Oura Ring
Best Search Campaign
- Wpromote & Intuit QuickBooks: Harnessing the Power of Holistic Search
Best Strategy Pivot
- Deloitte Digital and NYU Langone Health
Best Use of Influencer Marketing
- Havas Atlanta, Coca-Cola (The Coca-Cola Company), Formerly Known As, Social Center
Best Use of NFT
Best Use of Social
- Vaseline – “See My Skin”
Best Use of Video
- Reach Agency & Hulu – Only Rudys In the Building
Leader of the Year
- Black & White Zebra – Ben Aston
Most Innovative Brand
- Tropicana Brands Group – Tropicana
Most Innovative Independent Agency
Most Innovative Media Agency
Most Innovative Publisher
Most Innovative Technology Platform
- Teads | The Global Media Platform